8th Grade IB Informational Presentation PowerPoint
Students are eligible to apply for admission into Haines City IB with completion of the following:
- Minimum 3.25 Core GPA after 7th Grade (combine GPA for 6th and 7th Grades)
- Attendance at one of the two informational meetings in October
- Completion of the Online Application through Parent Portal on the Polk County Schools Website
- Access to Parent Portal is available to all Polk County Residents regardless of the students current school.
- Students must sign up for and complete the admissions exam in January of the 8th grade school year.
Once the scores return all students are ranked and notified of admission or denial.
All accepted students will attend our Incoming 9th Grade Orientation projected to be April 26th at 6:00 pm in the Haines City Auditorium. Please bring a pencil or pen course selection will be made that evening and submitted to begin scheduling. Begin thinking about the 2nd Language choice (French, German, Spanish) and the Elective choice (Art, Music, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Theater).
2016-2017 IB 8th Grade Application
Attention 2016-2017 8th Grade Students: Mandatory Informational Meetings will be held in the Haines City High School Auditorium on November 9th and November 16th at 6:00 PM. Invitations to these meetings will be distributed to students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in core subject areas (Math, English, Science, and Social Studies).
Letters are distributed through the 8th Grade Guidance Counselors. This allows their current school to know who was invited based on data pulled from our system. This also provides us an opportunity to catch students who have transferred into our schools and might not have a GPA present in our system when the data is pulled. Private and Charter school students should request information from their 8th Grade Guidance Counselor prior to contacting Mr. Scheloske or Ms. Marcano.
We’ll see you in the fall!